What exactly is meant by Assured Shorthold Tenancy?
This refers to a form of tenancy, which involves a type of arrangement between a private residential landowner and his tenant who rents his property.
It’s worth mentioning that all the tenancies created on January 15, 1989 and after that, are automatically considered as Assured Shorthold Tenancies, provided no special notice is given to indicate otherwise. This means that even if there is no written agreement or oral contract between a tenant and landowner, the tenancy will be considered as Assured Shorthold Tenancy. As a result; both tenants and landlords are completely protected and secured by Housing Act 1996 and Housing Act 1988.
Requirements for obtain an Assured Shorthold Tenancy
There are actually many factors that are used to determine if a tenant or a landowner are eligible for Assured Shorthold Tenancy. If the agreement fulfils all the following criteria then it will certainly act as Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
- If the annual rent of a tenant is less than £25,000.
- Any tenant shifted to a new property on Feb 28, 1997 or after that.
- If a tenant uses the services of a private landlord to rent a property
- If a tenant has certain rights in the property for privacy, and landlord cannot make an entry into the property without going through a mutual agreement
A tenancy will NOT be considered an Assured Shorthold Tenancy under following conditions:
There are actually several factors that are used to determine if a tenant or a landowner are NOT eligible for Assured Shorthold Tenancy. If the agreement fulfils all the following criteria then the tenancy will not considered as Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
- If the annual rent of a property is more than £50,000
- If the rent of a property is very low, or property receives no rent at all.
- If a property acts as a holiday home
- If a property is rented out to a private limited company
- If the government or crown owns the property
- If a property is rented out with the agriculture land that is more than 2 acres, or the property comes under agricultural tenancy.
Incoming search terms:
- basic tenancy agreement template
- Basic Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- 6 month tenancy agreement template uk
- How a Landlord determine tenancy agreement
- simple tenancy agreement template
- basic tenancy agreement
- uk tenancy agreements uk
- uk tenant contract template
- landlord tenant contract
- what si an assured shorthold tenancy
- MYBADAPPLE TENANCY AGREEMENT REVIEWS
- Rent Agreement contract uk
- simple free tenancy agreements templates
- tenency contract agreement
- simple tennancy agreement
- tenancy agreement form uk print
- uk shorthold tenancy
- tenancy contract uk
- UK shorthold lease
- tenancy in common sample agreement form when 1 co owner is occuping the home
- landlord contract template free
- key reqiurements for creating an assured shorthold tenancy
- assured shorthold tenancy agreement after 2004 Housing Act
- assured shorthold tenancy agreement agr2f
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement relative
- assured shorthold tennancy lease uk
- Assured Tenancy Agreement UK
- basic assured shorthold tenancy agreement download
- basic co tenant agreement
- basic tenancy aggreement/